Telephone: +49 30 20 91 29 70
Martin Wohlrabe is a qualified lawyer who also worked as a journalist for many years. In the course of his long career in journalism, he carried out research for the economics editors at BILD-Zeitung. He also worked as an author for SPIEGEL Online. Martin Wohlrabe was also appointed as an advisor to Wolfgang Schäuble in the German Bundestag, where he was responsible for the (former) Minister's public relations.
Wohlrabe is the founder of CONSILIUM. He has been advising companies and individuals on strategic communication in extraordinary circumstances for many years. This includes corporate criminal proceedings, patent disputes, international arbitration proceedings, insolvency proceedings that have attracted nationwide attention and cyber-attacks.
Wohlrabe also lectures on “Strategic Legal Communication” at the University of Freiburg and is a member of the “Crisis Communication/Issues Management” working group of the Professional Association of Public Relations Professionals (DPRG e.V.).
"Crisis PR after the Cyber Attack: What matters in times of the DSGVO"
– Presentation at Mainzer Datenschutztage 2020 (21 April 2020)
"Protecting the good reputation in the crisis - what matters in strategic legal communications"
– Lecture at the Zeppelin University Friedrichshafen (November 29, 2019)
“Crisis PR after a cyber-attack: Key points in the GDPR age”
– Talk at the Legal Communication Summit (12 November 2019)
"Protecting the reputation in crisis"
– Bird & Bird (9 October 2019)
“Standing the test of the ‘Court of Public Opinion’ with strategic legal communication”
– Lecture at the University of Potsdam for the Master’s Course in Digital Media Law and Management LL.M./MBA (4 June 2019)
“How companies get around public prosecutors with media pressure”
– Lecture at the AG Crisis and Issues Management Event by the DPRG (23 November 2018)
“Winning in the court of public opinion: Litigation-PR”
– Keynote speech at Hochschule Hannover (23 October 2018)
“Presentation of the CONSILIUM study: Influence of the media on judges and public prosecutors”
– Talk at the Commercial Criminal Law Association (WisteV) and the Berlin Defence Lawyers’ Association (Berliner Strafverteidigervereinigung) (26 June 2018)
“Litigation PR for manager liability and other cases of damage”
– Financial Lines Days in Munich and Düsseldorf (5 and 6 June 2018)
“Law and PR as a holistic strategy for clients”
– Workshop at the Litigation PR Conference in Winterthur (18 April 2018)
“Litigation PR: Supporting legal strategies, winning over the public”
– Keynote speech at Osborne Clarke (10 April 2018)
“Insolvency and legal communication: Key aspects for working with the media today”
– Presentation at the 40th Reutling Insolvency Forum (13 October 2017)
“Strategic legal communication - Miracle cure or a toothless tiger? - Insight into and discussion of public relations work in the context of legal disputes”
– Presentation at the University of Freiburg (13 July 2017)
“Media work at large law firms”
– Presentation at KPMG Law (14 October 2016)
Keynote speech for the course “Introduction to strategic Legal communication” with Prof Christian Schertz at the Humboldt University in Berlin (29 April 2016)